Us Now

Thursday, July 15, 2010

We've got a crawler!

July 14, 2010. The proudest day of my motherhood thus far! My mom was here to take over baby-duty while I got ready for my evening class. "I think she just crawled!" my mom said to me. "No way!" Our eyes became glued to her every drooling movement. One, two, three crawl-steps...straight to the floor outlet! At last! She'd had her eye on that outlet for months!

Really, I have to go to class now?! I wanted to blurt it out to everyone...my daughter just crawled for the first time! Physically present, but mentally absent, the class seemed to last an eternity. On my way home I saw a little boy riding his bicycle. It made me look to the future, imagining the day when we'll teach Brooklyn how to ride her bike. First with training wheels...and then without! What a proud moment that will be! I also thought back to memories of me learning to ride a bike. In the hilly backyard of our Colorado Springs home. Kindergarten. I remember my parents' encouragement. And applause. And then the memory of selelcting my first ten-speed bike when we moved to Broken Arrow. From Lee's Bicycles. I'm so excited for our future!

Needless to say, I couldn't wait to be woken by her singing this morning! And while she was a bit slow to pick up where she left off, just an hour after opening her eyes, she's already crawled from one toy to the next. And that outlet...she hasn't forgotten about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment