Us Now

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

She's a teaser

My hope was fading. Dreams of a walking baby for her 1st Halloween & birthday had diminished, and the reality of lugging her around with my growing belly had turned back into reality. I was still working on accepting this reality. (Accepting anything outside of my control is a process, so my hesitation was to be expected...)

Brooklyn was eating her blankie and playing with toys while at a friend's house for dinner last night. My friend and I were stationed on the floor, as requested by your heiness.  As she rose up from her catcher's stance, no heads turned, because this was an old act by now. Then, as if in an attempt to demand our attention, she cautiously advanced in my direction. "Whoa, did you guys see her?" Their eyes were still fixated on the tube. Sunday night football had stolen her audience.  Another step. And another! "Hey guys, she's walking!!", I gushed. A few small steps later...boom! Down for the count. Oooor, maybe not. Pop! She's up for Round 2! Whitney broke out the camcorder & captured some triumphant steps for our blog audience to 'oooh & aah' over.  Enjoy it, because we never know when she'll do it again! 

Okay, well, after 2 days of trying, I can't get the video to load for some reason...I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment