Us Now

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Her First Medal

I wish so badly that I would've taken pictures of Brooklyn's first gymnastic classes. She started when she was about 9 months old...she'd been crawling for just a couple weeks. She was not at all social yet; very weary of the teachers and classmates; mainly just focused on my whereabouts.

Honestly I didn't see the benefit of the class in the beginning, but we'd already paid in full, so I put forth an effort to get there each week.

She learned to walk during the semester. Each week the teachers would recognize what improvements she was making, both socially and physically.

 Before I knew it, she was running around the warm-up circle, dunking basketballs in the hoop, sharing the balls with other kids and parents, helping clean up toys after play time, and rolling around for attention from other kids!
 She grew leaps and bounds during this short semester!



She became a social, fearless, curious gymnast!




She accepted her medal of completion last week.
 

Hopefully it's just the pregnancy hormones, but just looking at her in these award ceremony pictures brings tears of pride to my eyes! I'm so proud of my big little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment