Us Now

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Most people are wishing people a very Merry Christmas, but welcome to my world!  Apparently I like to challenge my memory by being more than fashionably late.  So, let's see...the Saturday before Halloween, we attended Boo HaHa for the 3rd year in a row. Arrived just in time for the parade, and got the best spot on the street, with Aunt Kathy & Uncle Tom.  We had a little lion and ladybug in tow:


It's tough enough to capture them together; impossible to get 2 smiles!
The candy was dispensed...
 
...and the chase was on!:

 

Bryson was intrigued with the parade:
 
 
But it was a little noisy for Brooklyn's liking:


We also hosted our fourth annual Halloween gathering at the house the night of Halloween.  Has it really been 4 years?!  Yes, it has. As a mother, I base everything off of pregnancies.  Was that before or after I was pregnant with Brookyn?  Or maybe it was after Brooklyn, but before Bryson?  In this case, I remember our first Halloween gathering because it was just days before I was due with Brooklyn.  I remember hoping that all the decorating and long trick-or-treat walks would induce labor.  No such luck!  But the memories remain!  Ah, the timelines of motherhood...I digress. 

The Kids...and Fred
A candy-happy lion
 And finally...my sister once again going over the top with her homemade costumes!  She raises the bar every year!  Incredible.
 
Ella the Owl
 
   The bar is officially so high that I will never attempt to compete - my kids should learn to appreciate store-bought costumes. Unless Aunt Nessa's up for a new challenge!
Canon the Warewolf




No comments:

Post a Comment