Us Now

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 4

The sun is setting on the fourth day of Bryson's life, as his big sister enjoys chewing on her blankie. 



What's he been up to, you ask? A lot of sleeping (during the day),



some serious diaper duty (both day and night), and an obscene amount of eating (seems to be his favorite past time), but most importantly he's been adding lots of joy to our world.



Brooklyn's got nothing but love for her new sidekick! She plays with him (surrounding him with toys), eats with him (placing her food to his lips), picks flowers for him, brushes his hair, and even cries with him. The first empathetic tears poured down her cheeks last night when I changed his diaper and caused him to wail.  The next session occurred this morning when I was changing his outfit.  He's not into changing clothes and doesn't hold back his discontent.  This spurred a nasty glare from her to me. 'How dare I torture him?', her scolding eyes asked.  Seems as if I have someone to answer to these days...and that's quite alright with me! I'm just pleasantly surprised and proud of her performance in her new role as Big Sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment