Us Now

Monday, September 19, 2011

BIG cookie

Every day when I pick the kids up, I'm welcomed with big smiles from my boy. He just gushes with excitement and brings so much joy to my afternoon!  So I get him all loaded up into the carseat, (which must weigh 30 lbs now), and we head down the hall to get big sister. She runs to me, arms open wide and we hug a "BIG" hug...until we separate and the whining for "bi-bi" (aka blankie) immediately follows. I try reasoning with her, "you're a big girl; you don't need your blankie! It's not nighttime yet."  This is usually to no avail. My new tactic: straight up bribery. At least until we get out of the building!  Usually it's crackers, but today I offer a cookie. Of course she doesn't want just a bite. She wants the WHOLE darn thing! So she double fisted her entire oatmeal cream pie and says with extreme emphasis and excitement "BiiiiG cookie, BiiiiiG cookie" the whole way home. Until the cookie was gone and she was parched. "Wa-wa, wa-wa, momma? Please?!" At least she's a polite begger, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment