Us Now

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ready...set...WHOA!

With 24 days until our threesome becomes a foursome, we've been preparing more and more.  The guest room underwent a makeover, becoming a fully assembled nursery...




The car grew to accommodate the additional car seat and double stroller that it'll eventually transport...



And Brooklyn's been learning how to help around the house. From laundry to cleaning up messes on the floor, she's been mimicking my every action!

She's really growing up, learning how to get around on her own, instead of being carried everywhere. And her babies? Oh, they're her top priority, let me tell ya! She takes them on car rides and gives them kisses every day. The preparations of becoming a big sister!



If you ask me, I'll tell you I'm more than ready!  But I'd be lying if I said there aren't days that I feel not so ready.  Days that I take a little detour from our usual schedule to stop and enjoy some solo time with my baby Brooklyn.  We've had special trips in her wagon, extended swinging time at the park. We even took a detour to the McDonald's playplace with cousin Ella one day.



And we're trying to enjoy more special time as a family...

Pizza night!

Balls, balls, balls!

These are my last days of being all hers.  She doesn't have to share or wait her turn for our love and attention. So she's been getting lots of extra hugs and kisses lately.  And as much story time as her heart desires, my little bookworm...

Oh, how I cherish my baby Brooklyn. She's brought so much joy to my life. I never knew I was capable of this much love. And it's about to double, because I know that somehow my love for our new baby will be just as amazing!  It makes me wonder...how does God handle such love? We are all His children, and His love for us is never ending and unconditional. I can't imagine the joys and heartbreak He experiences as He watches us from above...

1 comment:

  1. She is going to be a great big sister! I can't believe baby #2 is almost here!

    ReplyDelete