Us Now

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Friends

My babies are makin friends!  Brooklyn has several friends at school now. And she talks about them at home...I know when they cried, or whined, or went to time out...she shares the good stuff, too, but if they do anything to shed a positive light on her, she'll capitalize on it! :)  Ha!  It's so neat to hear her perspective, though.  "Lilly cried."  Aw, why did Lilly cry?, I asked.  "She missed her mommy. But she's better now."  That was today.  One day last week when we were trying to say goodbye at school, a little girl really was crying. I'm not sure why. I was too consumed with trying to make sure I could account for all of our belongings and nothing more. Making sure that Brooklyn didn't leave with the Cookie Monster.  She'd been trying to stuff him in her backpack as I gathered their daily reports!  So when I turned to her for the last time to ask her to say goodbye to Cookie Monster, I saw her giving him to her little crying classmate. Her friend.  Just another heart-warming instance for this mom.

Bryson's making little friends, too!  He graduated from Tiny Tots to the Toddler Nursery on May 29th. Within the first week, Jax texted me this picture, of him eating at the table with his new friends. 






And another one where he's interacting with another baby.  I must admit that I fear his play might be a little selfish...he's used to having to hold on tight to his toys in fear that they'll disappear to the hands of his sister.  You know how it goes - there can be 5 red blocks, but the only one that's of interest to him is the one she has. And vice versa.  In fact, I actually have a school report from Bryson when he was just 10 months old.  Bryson got sent home with an 'Ouch report' because he got into a 'fight' with a friend over a sippy cup!!  He knows how to stand his ground! 



God is funny. "What?" God is funny, Mommy. "Why is God funny, Brooklyn?"  I don't know why. Do you see the clouds, Mommy?  "Yes, I do. Do you know who made those pretty clouds?" God made them. God cares about me. God cares about you, too, Mommy! And Bryson. And Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment