Us Now

Monday, September 13, 2010

Personality.

It's consistenly showing more and more with each passing day. Since the moment I saw the positive test result, I prayed that our baby would get her daddy's patience. Well, she got his looks, that's for sure. But it seems that God has given me a mini me, when it comes to the patience department! (And while my mom tries to console my frustration at times, deep down I think she's giggling inside!) I'm getting a taste of my own medicine, as they say! Brooklyn is a very determined little girl (as am I)...and has been since day one, when she was determined to stay in my belly for as long as her heart desired! Here's an example of the personality I speak of:



She was standing against the dishwasher when Jackson pulled her off to redirect her play. She huffed, puffed and squealed as she just walked away from him. 'Hmph!', she said.



Yes, I said she walked away from him! Of course, his arms were circling her body to catch her, in case of a fall, but he said he wasn't supporting or directing her steps by any means. I'm not counting these as her first steps, of course, because I wasn't here to see it. Ha!! I quit my job to be able to enjoy all of the 'firsts' with her, and what happens?! I'm not home to see it!



Needless to say, after seeing this, Jackson retracted his bet with my dad that she wouldn't be walking before Halloween. Now he thinks she'll be walking by the end of the week!! I, on the other hand, think our determined princess will do it on her time...whenever she wants to! Because after all, this is her world, and she can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, right? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment