Us Now

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving recap

We started the holiday weekend at Great Grandma Helen's house on Thursday, where Brooklyn played for hours with all of her second cousins, great aunts, uncles, and grandparents,




before crashing on Auntie Annettie for a little power nap...





Then the 3 of us rushed to Utica Square for their Lights On event, where we bundled up to stay warm in the freezing cold, and waited for Santa to arrive and turn the lights ON!





Friday morning was like Groundhog Day at our house...we woke up, cleaned house, cooked a side dish and loaded into the car with growling tummies for Thanksgiving...Round 2! We headed south to Beggs for a meal with my family before continuing on south to Texas to see my cousin and her family. Here are some pics from our TX visit.


Brooke & Brooklyn

Rockin cousins

Musical chairs at Gymboree

Homemade Double Stroller!

Chillaxin
While uploading my pics from the weekend, I realized that I only took pictures of the girls! My cousin Donna & her husband Darin have 3 kids: Conner, 6, Parker, 4, and Brooke, 15 months. I think it's just precious to see Brooke & Brooklyn together, so it seems my camera only snapped in their presence. The 4 of us girls went to lunch and shopping Saturday, while the boys played at Bass Pro Shop. I had such a great time! We continued the segregated party when the boys went to watch the Bedlam game, while Donna & I relaxed in front of a classic chick flick. Such a nice, relaxing weekend. Thank you, Wilson family!
Brooklyn goin for a stroll
 Finally, we ended the weekend with a short visit to McAlester to see Great Grandma & Great Grandpa Byrd:

More cookies, please, Great Grandpa!

Gettin sleepy w Great Grandma

<><>
Brooklyn & Great Grandpa

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend...but there's no place like home! Brooklyn clapped as we entered the living room this evening. I think that says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment